Friday, November 9, 2012

5lbs in 5 days-Monday


Monday: Day one

            Following my typical day; the alarm went off at 5:30am.  I after saluting the porcelain throne I weighed in at 187lbs.  Starting weight established and ready to rock.  I made a snap decision upon arriving at work and it is probably something I should do anyway.  The fitness center I work is located on the 8th floor of the building; no elevators for the next five days.  As a result and in addition to my normal exercise routine I climbed 32 floors today.  My thought is that I am glad I had an upper body workout planned for today.  Leg training on Wednesday is now a little worrisome.

Here is how Monday’s meal plan went:
Breakfast:  Omelet: 4 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 2 c fresh spinach, 2 tbsp. flax seed, 2 tbsp. of salsa
Morning Snack: ½ Avocado, 4oz Chicken Breast
Lunch: 4 oz. Chicken Breast, 2 c Broccoli, 1 Medium-sized baked sweet potato
Post-workout snack: 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 granny smith apple, 4 oz. Chobani Greek Yogurt Vanilla Chocolate Chunk, 6oz can of tuna in water
Dinner: 2- 4oz Pork Chops, 2 c Green Beans
Total Nutrition for the day: 2076 Calories, 76g fat, 142g carbs, 201g protein, 28g fiber

Monday’s Workout Program
            I begin every workout with a dynamic warm-up that takes 5-10 minutes to prepare my body for the exercise.  For an example of this view my earlier blog post entitled “Warm Up to a Proper Warm Up.”  This was followed by the lifting workout outline below.  After completing the lifting portion of the workout I rode the bike for 20 minutes.

Monday’s Lifting Routine
·         Bench Press Superset with Pull Ups wearing a 20lb weighted vest
o   5 sets for 5 reps on the Bench Press
o   5 sets for 8 reps on the Pull Ups
o   Go Immediately from BP to Pull-ups resting only long enough to put on the weighted vest.  Rest 90 seconds after completing the Pull Ups before beginning the next set of BP
·         Dips in weighted vest Superset with Barbell Curls
o   4 sets for 8 reps of dips
o   4 sets for 10 reps of Barbell Curls
o   Follow same rest procedure as above
·         Overhead Barbell Press Superset with Smith Bar Rows
o   3 sets for 10 reps of overhead press
o   4 sets of Smith Bar Rows

No comments:

Post a Comment