Friday, November 9, 2012

5lbs in 5 days-Wednesday


Wednesday: Day Three

            Day three of this challenge began with a little discouragement.  Upon weighing in I found that my weight had dropped only .7 lbs. from the previous day.  This is setback from the pace of 1lb per day.  I was hoping to 185 lbs. or less instead of sitting at 185.3.  I know, I know, there is no sympathy for me considering I have lost 1.7lbs in two days. Do not pity me, I am not expecting it.  I am just anal when I do these little experiments.  It is the perfectionist side of me.  In spite of that, it was discouraging because this day presented to challenges, one I knew about ahead of time and one that required the assistance of a new friend.
            Everyone trying to eat healthy will inevitably run into the challenge of eating healthy while meeting social obligations.  This was the challenge for me that I knew about heading into Wednesday.  Every Wednesday night, as a part of church, our congregation has a community meal together.  Here is a situation where I never have control of the menu and due to time constraints preparing a healthier option this week was not realistic.  Normally this is not a problem because my wife and I plan our meals for the week considering this to me a cheat meal and avoid dietary setbacks.  On this particular Wednesday night the menu consisted of pork roast, cornbread casserole, green bean casserole, baked potatoes, and cake for dessert.  What would you do in my situation?  I ate pork roast and green bean casserole and skipped everything else.  Diet disaster minimized.  This leads into my second problem that required help from the new friend.
            Adam, meet Metamucil.  Metamucil, meet Adam.  After consulting with some friends who compete in body building contests and are more familiar with these short-term crash diets I made a stop at Walgreens after church; four servings of Metamucil before bed and high hopes for seeing a better number on the scale in the morning.  Apparently, these quick diets with sudden carb restrictions often lead to inadequate fiber intake. If I had known better, I would have met Metamucil on Monday.

Wednesday’s Diet

Wednesday    
Breakfast: Omelet: 4 whole eggs egg whites 2 c spinach 2tbsp flax seed   
Morning Snack: 4oz chicken breast 1 c yellow squash 1 scoop of protein powder  
Lunch: Chicken Breast 2 c broccoli sweet potato      
Afternoon Snack: 1 scoop Protein Powder 28 Almonds   Tuna         
Dinner (At Church): 6oz of pork roast, 2 cups of green bean casserole       
Total Nutrition: 2030 cal, 77g fat, 113g carbs, 201g protein, 26g fiber

Wednesday’s Workout

After Dynamic Warm-Up
·         45 degree back extension: 1 set no weight, 2nd set hold 25lb plate, 3rd set hold 35lb plate, 4th and 5th sets hold 45lbs plate
·         Barbell Squats: 2 warm up sets of 135lbs and 185lbs for 5 reps.  Then completed 5 Sets of 5 Reps with 225lbs with 60 seconds rest
·         Deadlifts: 2 Warm-Up Sets of 135 lbs. for 5 reps.  Then completed 5 sets of 5 reps with 250lbs.

Ride a bike for 30 minutes after lifting

No comments:

Post a Comment