Friday, November 9, 2012

5lbs in 5 days-Thursday


Thursday: Day Four

            Thursday got off to a much better start thanks to my new friend.  This morning’s weigh-in had me down two pounds from Wednesday morning to 183.3.  My confidence in the success of this has returned after some brief doubt.  Another highlight to know, in case you have missed I have been gradually eating fewer and fewer carbs per day.  That is crucial to the success of this.  Before starting this project in a typical day I would eat 175-225 grams of carbohydrates to fuel my body for exercise and maintaining my current body composition.  On Monday I ate 142g, Tuesday 127, Wednesday 113, Thursday 105.  There are two important things to understand about low carb diets: 1) carb reduction should be a gradual process.  The body needs a few days to adjust to this to avoid unpleasant sides effects such as fatigue and moodiness and; 2) Women should never cut there carbs below 75g and men below 100g.  Doing so can lead to potential health emergencies due to low blood sugar without proper calorie compensation from fats and protein.

Thursday’s Diet
Breakfast: Omelet: 4whole eggs, egg whites, 2 c spinach, 2tbsp flax seed 2 tbsp. salsa
Midmorning Snack: ½ avocado 6 oz. tuna
Lunch: 4 oz. Chicken Breast, 2 c broccoli, baked sweet potato
Post workout Snack: 4oz Chobani Greek Yogurt Vanilla Chocolate Chunk, 28 whole almonds, 1 scoop protein powder
Dinner: 4oz Ground Turkey, ½ c black eye peas

Thursday Workout
The following was performed as a circuit after the dynamic warm-up.  Each exercise was performed for 1 minute.  All exercises were done without any rest.  A three minute break was taken after completing one round.  A total three rounds were completed.  It is not necessary, but for an extra challenge I did this entire workout wearing a 20lb weighted vest.
·         Battle Ropes
·         Kettle Ball Swings
·         Medicine Ball Slams
·         Sledge Hammer Swings
·         Agility Footwork in a 5 yard box.

After completing this I did two minute intervals on a bike for a total of 10 intervals. During a one minute break between intervals I did a 30 second plank.

No comments:

Post a Comment